The Digital Gym Cinema may be closed for the time being due to COVID-19 concerns, but we are working with key distributors and studios to bring you DGC @ HOME, a “virtual theater” experience featuring films we would normally program at our venue under normal circumstances. This temporary solution ensures the sustainability of our beloved micro-cinema as a significant percentage of each purchase is passed on to us.
All films available to rent can be screened online using a laptop or mobile device. Other options such as Roku, Chrome Cast or Apple TV may be available depending on the company. Instructions for how to view each film and the link to the film will be emailed to you after your purchase.
With a variety of different distributors and streaming services. Here’s a list of FAQ’s and instructional content for each of the films:
Distrib Films FAQ – Balloon
Factory 25 FAQ – Other Music
Grasshopper VHX FAQ – Vitalina Varela
Greenwich Pictures FAQ – The Booksellers
Kino Marquee FAQ – Bacurau, Beanpole, Sorry We Missed You
Magnolia Pictures FAQ – The Whistlers, Slay The Dragon
Monument Video on Demand FAQ – Pahokee
Music Box Films FAQ – And Then We Danced
Here are some helpful tips that will provide you with a more seamless streaming experience:
- You can stream from a variety of devices—smartphone, iPad/tablet, desktop computer, laptop, smart TV, Roku or other stream cast device.
- DGC members were offered a FREE 3-month TRIAL membership to MUBI, the film streaming service. For support, please go to MUBI’s website.
- If you are having problems, restart your device and internet modem and/or router.
- If possible, use a wired connection to increase internet speed.
- If using WiFi, try to move your device closer to the router.
- If playback is delayed or slow, try pausing the content to allow the buffering to make some progress before clicking play again.
- Make sure you are using the correct username/password to log in on your streaming device (browser or Roku/Apple tv app) (password IS case sensitive) Check whether caps lock is on/off.
- If using Chromecast, make sure the device is connected to the 2.4GHz WiFi network as Chromecast does not work on 5GHz networks.
- Make sure you’re not in airplane mode on your computer/mobile device.
- If using a Roku or AppleTV, be sure to have the Kino Now App downloaded to the device and log in with your credentials.
- If streaming does not work, try another browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc).
- Make sure the duration of your rental has not expired (2 day rental according to our site, 5 day rental according to Kino site)